This page features a sampling of television news segments, newspaper articles, and speaking engagements that feature Ms. Huelsman and/or her clients.
TELEVISION/RADIO NEWS SEGMENTS
- "State Supreme Court Rules Against MERS in Mortgage Foreclosure Challenge," Connie Thompson, KOMO News, August 2012.
- "State Supreme Court to Rule on Legality of Mortgage Recording System," Connie Thompson, KOMO News, March 2012.
- "Oral Arguments: Washington Supreme Court Bain V. Mers and Selowitz v. Litton Loan Servicing," Anonymous, StopForeclosureFraud.com, March 2012
- "Attorney General Says Foreclosure Trustees Breaking Laws," Amy Radil, KUOW News, April 2011
- "New Foreclosure Law to Help End Loan Mod Run-Around," Connie Thompson, KOMO News, April 2011
- "Lawyers Make Pro Bono Leap into Foreclosure," Brian Reed, NPR, May 2009
- "Washington Attorneys Go Pro Bono" Brian Reed, KPLU News, May 2009
- "Help For Those Facing Foreclosure" Amy Clancy, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News, March 2009
- "Mortgage Foreclosure Rescue Scams Documentary Video," Kyra Olds, November 2008
- "Recognizing a Mortgage Scam" On the Money, CNBC News, September 2008
- "Basics on Housing" On the Money, CNBC News, September 2008
- "Attempts To Avoid Foreclosure Could Cost You More" Connie Thompson, KOMO News, February 2008
- "Beware of foreclosure rescue scams"
Connie Thompson, KOMO News, June 2007
- "Tip of the Iceberg" (large WMV video) Nightline, ABC News, March 2007
- "Home Rescue Risk" KING 5 News, September 2006
- "Mortgage Rescue" Q13 FOX News, May 2006
- "Investigators: "Foreclosure rescue" leaves some gasping for air" Chris Ingalls, King 5 News, May 2005
SEMINARS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
"Bain vs. Metropolitan Mortgage Group Inc.--What Does it Mean?" Foreclosures: An Update on Status, Procedures, and Best Practices. April 2013
- "Identifying New Financial Scams and Protecting Consumers," National Community Reinvestment Coalition, April 2012.
- "LexisNexis Real Estate Law Center Podcast on Foreclosure Rescue Scams" LexisNexis Real Estate Law Center, May 2009
- "Foreclosure: How to Assist Homeowners" Live Webinar Sponsored by the Maine Trial Lawyers Association, April 2009
- "Representing the Resident: Advocacy in the Shadow of Foreclosure" Shelter from the Storm: Advocacy in the Subprime Fallout, Northeastern University Law Journal 2009 Symposium, March 2009
- "Predatory Lending and the Housing Debacle" Credit Abuse & Predatory Lending, Seattle University School of Law, September 2008
- "State's High Court: Mortgage Registry Can't Foreclose," Sanjay Bhatt, The Seattle Times, August 2012.
- "A Question of Authority and Accountability," Nina Shapiro, Seattle Weekly, August 2012.
- "Washington's Highest Court Rules MERS Cannot Foreclose on Homeowners," Brent Hunsberger, The Oregonian, August 2012.
- "Regulators May Crack Down on Mortgage Insurance," Stephanie Dhue, CNBC, August 2012
- "Low Regulator Assertiveness Part of Problem With Mitigating Financial Risks," David Dayen, FDL, June 2012
- "Obama Housing Fix Faltered on Carrots-Not-Sticks Policy," Clea Benson, Bloomberg Businessweek, June 2012
- "Washington State's High Courts Hear Suits Against Mortgage Clearinghouse," Sanjay Bhatt, The Seattle Times, March 2012
- "As Mortgage Settlement Deal Nears Feb, 3 Deadline, Nevada AG Raises Concerns," Loren Berlin, Huffington Post, January 2012
- "State Files Suit Against Bank of America Unit in Foreclosure Mess," Christine Harvey, Seattle Times, August 2011
- "New Consumer Financial Protections...Or Not?," Chris Thomas, Public News Service, July 2011
- "6 Loans In 6 Years: How One Woman Lost Her Home" David Heath, The Seattle Times, October 2009
- "WA Consumer Protection Gets A Few More Teeth," Chris Thomas, Public News Service, May 2009
- "Recession Brings Out the Scammers" Dalia Fahmy, MSN Money, March 2009
- "Wronged by WaMu" Nina Shapiro, Seattle Weekly, November 2008
- "Subprime Mortgage 'Rip-off' Has Legitimate Roots" Aubrey Cohen, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, November 2008
- "Dragging Their Feet" John Caulfield, Builder, November 2008
- "A Bill to Make Wall Street Accountable for Loans Urged," Eric Nalder, Seattle PI, October 2008
- "Millions At Risk Of Foreclosure Fraud" Bob Sullivan, The Red Tape Chronicles, MSNBC, September 2008
- "State Cracks Down on Foreclosure Scams," Lauren Vane, The Seattle Times, September 2008
- "State's Distressed-Property Law Adding Stress" Jane Hodges, The Seattle Times, August 2008
- "McKenna Distressed Over One of 'His' Bills" Jesse Froehling, Seattle Weekly, July 2008
- "Seniors Prime Victims of Subprime Loans" Kia Franklin, TortDeform: The Civil Justice Defense Blog, December 2007
- "A Home Loan Trap" Geraldine Fabrikant, The New York Times, September 2007
- "What People Can Do If Foreclosure Looms" Amir Efrati, The Wall Street Journal Online, September 2007
- "The Foreclosure 'Rescue' Racket" Dean Foust and Brian Burnsed, BusinessWeek, June 2007
- "Borrower, Beware: Debt Disaster Looms As Rates Rise On Easy-Money Mortgages" Lynda V. Mapes, The Seattle Times, May 2007
- "Should You Sue Your Lender?" Christopher Solomon, MSN Real Estate, May 2007
- "Finding A Legal Escape Clause: Attorney Rescues Homeowners From Loans They Can't Afford"
Marni Leff Kottle, San Francisco Chronicle, April 2007
- "As Foreclosures Rise, Scam Artists Flourish" Tony Pugh, McClatchy Newspapers April 2007
- "How Wall Street Helped Ignite the Subprime Mortgage Binge" William Krehm, The Committee on Monetary and Economic Reform, April 2007
- "Walls Closing In On Homeowners" Aubrey Cohen, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, March 2007
- "More Businesses Invest In Misfortune" Aubrey Cohen, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, March 2007
- "At a Mortgage Lender, Rapid Rise, Faster Fall" James R. Hagerty, Ruth Simon, Michael Corkery and Gregory Zuckerman, The Wall Street Journal Online, March 2007
- "Homeowners Warned About Foreclosure 'Rescue' Scams" Phuong Cat Le, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, September 2006
- "Profile: KCBA Pro Bono Attorney of the Year" Susan Craighead, King County Bar Association Bar Bulletin, June 2006
- "Mortgage Settlement Could Fall Short For Borrowers" Emily Heffter, The Seattle Times, January 2006
- "Ameriquest To Pay Millions To Mortgage Customers" Emily Heffter, The Seattle Times, January 2006
- "Minorities Are More Likely To Pay Higher Mortgage Rates" Melissa Allison and Justin Mayo, The Seattle Times, September 2005
- "Scams Target Immigrants" Cecilia Kang, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, June 2005
- Dreams Foreclosed: The Rampant Theft of Americans' Homes Through Equity Stripping Foreclosure "Rescue" Scams (PDF)
National Consumer Law Center, May 2005
- Mortgage Foreclosure Rescue Scams - Documentary Video Kyra Olds, Northwest Justice Project, November 2008